ORCID (Open Researcher and Contributor ID) is a global, not-for-profit organization that allows researchers to create a unique, persistent digital identifier to distinguish their works from others. You can connect your ORCID iD with your professional information—affiliations, grants, publications, peer review, and more. You can use your iD to share your information with other systems, ensuring you get recognition for all your contributions, saving you time and hassle, and reducing the risk of errors.
- Registering for your ORCID means that you have a free, unique, persistent identifier that disambiguates you and your work.
- Using your iD makes life easier for you and the institutions and organizations you connect with throughout your research career.
You will enjoy these benefits with your ORCID iD:
- You will be distinguished from every other researcher, even researchers who share your same name,
- Your research outputs and activities will be correctly attributed to you,
- Your contributions and affiliations will be reliably and easily connected to you,
- You will save time when filling out forms, (leaving more time for research!),
- You will enjoy improved discoverability and recognition,
- You will be able to connect your record to a growing number of institutions, funders, and publishers,
- Your ORCID record is yours, for free, forever.